Fantastic paid opportunity from Excellent Development for a Web and Social Media Officer. Check out the full job description and how to apply below.
Title: Web and Social Media Officer.
Working hours: Full time (37.5 hours per week).
Holidays: 25 days + statutory.
Reporting to: Digital Media Manager.
Purpose of the role: To support the realisation of Excellent Development’s vision by aiding online engagement in line with the digital strategy. The role will assist the Digital Media Manager by implementing social media plans, updating website content and assisting with other digital activities as needed. This is a development role that is expected to assume increasing responsibility for digital communications over several years.
Excellent Development’s vision: Millions of the world’s poorest people have transformed their own lives with sand dams.
The role will:
- Support social media and email-marketing activities.
- Support website maintenance and development.
- Support digital analytics and reporting.
Social media and email-marketing
- Posting content on Excellent Development’s social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube and Google+).
- Ensuring consistency of brand across all digital networks.
- Keeping abreast of technical developments in social media platforms and evaluating the opportunities that may be presented therein to improve brand engagement.
- Keeping abreast of emerging social networks and opportunities they may present to engage new or existing audiences.
- Supporting the delivery of regular, brand compliant newsletters.
Website maintenance and development
- Uploading content to websites using Content Management Systems.
- Supporting Search Engine Optimisation activities, including quality keyword identification, link management and the creation of effective landing pages.
- Supporting content population to meet a 22 March 2016 launch date of a new website, www.sanddams.com.
- Supporting the digital promotion of the sanddams.com launch.
- Recording and reporting on digital performance indicators and metrics using Google Analytics and other tools.
Knowledge, technical skills, experience, and attributes
- Inherent understanding of social media, especially Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
- Understanding of how to create positive online brand engagement, especially with social media.
- Confidence in navigating different digital platforms with a strong attention to detail and empathy for the user experience.
- Passion for digital communications – especially social media.
- Enthusiasm for cultivating and engaging online communities.
- Belief in, and commitment to, international development (especially the philosophy of self-help community development) and wildlife conservation.
- Belief in Excellent Development’s philosophy and values.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Able to proactively develop and implement ideas.
- Flexible approach to work, with a keenness to learn and adapt to meet changing work requirements.
- Curious to understand new information, and tenacious in solving problems.
Why you’ll love this job
- You will be provided with training by media experts to keep you on top of the latest digital skills.
- You will travel to countries in East and Southern Africa and northwest India to source inspiring content for digital marketing.
- You will be working for a young and growing not for profit organisation that makes a significant difference to the lives of some of the world’s poorest people.
- You will be working for an organisation that values and invests in digital, with the opportunity to play a key role in developing positive online brand engagement.
- You will be based in an award-winning building dedicated to social justice organisations, based in Vauxhall, London.
To be successful
Above all, you will have a passion for communications and all things digital. Social media communications will be second nature to you and you will have insight into how to engage different audiences through different platforms. You will believe in the philosophy and values of our brand and be enthusiastic about developing its reputation online. You will be committed to learning and developing your skills within the organisation, with a view to assuming greater responsibility over several years.
About Excellent Development
Excellent Development is a not for profit organisation that supports rural, dryland communities to work their way out of poverty with dignity. We work with local partners to support communities to build sand dams, which provide clean water for life and the opportunity to grow more food to eat, store and sell. Sand dams empower communities, putting their future firmly in their own hands. We believe that they will transform millions of lives.