Loughborough Junction is a local centre in Lambeth with its own train station, several bus routes, and a 15 minute walk from Brixton Underground Station. There is significant opportunity to increase the provision of housing, employment and local facilities while improving the quality of the environment and enhancing the area’s sense of identity. As an early phase of this, the council, in partnership with local people and organisations, has secured funding from the GLA’s London Regeneration Fund (LRF) to create affordable workspace on a council-owned site between Styles Gardens and Rathgar Road. It is one of eight major capital projects being funded across the capital as part of the LRF programme.
We are looking for two types of operators:
1) It is envisaged that the food business incubator/community kitchen will provide affordable and flexible space for food production/catering businesses. We envisage that these will form a mix of individuals, start-ups and SMEs.
2) The commercial makerspace will provide affordable and flexible space to accommodate individuals, start-ups and SMEs operating as a business, as opposed to more traditional hobbyist spaces. We envisage that the space and equipment will allow for a range of production activities to operate from the space.
The LRF investment and other capital funds will be used to provide ‘shell and core’ spaces to accommodate both the food business incubator/community kitchen and makerspace operators, who will then be responsible for the fit-out. The project is about to enter the design phase and early appointment of these key tenants is sought in order to allow them to inform the design.
Applicants should submit proposals using this form before 5pm on Friday 27th May. You can upload your business plan and cashflow projection along with the form. The business plan should include a ‘guidance and clarifications’ section summarising the plan, setting out assumptions/exclusions and drawing attention to any points of interest.
In writing their proposals, applicants should assume:
1. That 250sqm ‘shell and core’ space will be provided. Please note that this figure is for ease of comparison only and that the actual space will be a product of the design process, in which the operator will play a key role. On the form, we also ask you what your ideal space would be, and the minimum you need to operate.
2. A rent of £25,000/year for the entire space
1. That 300sqm ‘shell and core’ space will be provided. Please note that this figure is for ease of comparison only and that the actual space will be a product of the design process, in which the operator will play a key role. On the form, we also ask you what your ideal space would be, and the minimum you need to operate.
2. A rent of £30,000/year for the entire space
Interested in applying? Click here for the information you need to get your application in.