Livity Limited (“Livity”) is the data controller of your Information for the purposes of the Act. All references to “somewhereto_”, “we”, “us” and “our” are to Livity.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect the following data from you:
- Information you give us: you may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Site or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use the Site, request or accept a Booking or use the Services in any other way. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address, phone number, credit card information or bank account details.
- Information we collect about you: with regard to each of your visits to the Site we may automatically collect the following information:
o technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system or platform;
o information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources: we may receive information about you from third parties (including, for example, sub-contractors in payment services).
Use made of the information
We use the information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us: we will use this information to:
- enable registration, membership and general administration of the Site
- provide access to certain sections of the Site
- send you information about somewhereto_, its newsletter, offers and competitions, unless you have opted out from such communications from us
- send you information about the Services and any Booking you have requested or accepted
- notify you about Spaces or Space Users which may be of interest to you
- alert you to changes to the Services or the Terms for social impact monitoring purposes other than where you have not consented to receive such information.
carry out statistical analysis, market research and Site use evaluation
Information we collect about you: we will use this information:
- to administer the Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to use and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosing your Information to third parties
We may share your personal information to the following types of third parties:
- Livity’s Approved Partners who are committed to delivering the somewhereto_ project which will facilitate and increase the number of opportunities available for finding and matching Space Users and Space Holders [[(a list of our Approved Partners (as updated from time to time) is available here: www.somewhereto.com/our-partners.
- our affiliates or certain suppliers/sub-contractors to supply goods, services or information requested by you
advertisers (for the purpose of serving advertisements), suppliers, potential suppliers and our potential customers and those of our affiliated companies with details about our services, but we will not provide them with any information which can be used to identify you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell any business or assets we may disclose your personal information to the potential buyer(s) of such business or assets (or their respective professional advisers) – please note that, in this respect, we will never sell your information by selling it as part of a database asset to a third party (your information will only be passed to a third party successor who takes over the somewhereto_ project as a whole);
Where we store your personal data
We will take all reasonable care to keep your information secure and to prevent any unauthorised use of it. Such care and the measure we take will be determined by the sensitivity of the information which we hold. For example, in the case of minors (those under 18), we will take additional safeguards and technical and operational measures to keep the information of those under 18 secure.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such services. You may exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are entitled by law, upon the payment of a fee (£10), to receive a copy of the Information and personal data held by somewhereto_ and to correct any inaccuracies in it. Any such requests must be made in writing to: Subject Access Requests, Data Protection Officer, Livity Limited at the address above.
- operate the Site: for example, by enabling you to access certain areas of the Site or make Bookings
- identify which pages are being used: this helps us analyse how visitors use the Site which helps us improve the way the Site works
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of some or all cookies. If you decline or block cookies, you may not be able to access or use parts of the Site.
International Transfers of Personal Data
Security of information on the internet
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. So, whilst we will do our best to protect your information, we cannot ensure the security of the Information which you transmit to our Site. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access, but we cannot absolutely guarantee it will always kept completely secure because of the nature of the internet.
Third party websites
We encourage our users to be aware of this when they leave our Site and to read the privacy statements applicable on those other websites.