UK COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By entering the competition (the “Competition”) you agree to these terms and conditions.
- The Competition is open to residents of the UK and Ireland aged 16 or over. If you are under the age of 18, you must obtain consent from your parent/guardian to enter the Competition. By entering into the Competition you confirm that you have this consent.
- To enter, you must:
- Provide a mockup of your design on the downloadable PDF
- Provide a 2 colour screen print design
- Submit your designs as a printable PDF, EPS or JPG
- Write 150 words explaining your approach – include details of who you are as an artist and what you want to achieve from getting involved in the project
- Write 200 words telling us what techniques, timings and processes you will use
- Your Entry shall be submitted via the online web form at [INSERT URL] and via email to RSVP@somewhereto.org.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the competition.
- The Competition opens at 09:00 GMT on Wednesday 28th October 2015 (the “Opening Date”) and closes at 18:00 GMT on Thursday 12th November 2015 (the “Closing Date”). Entries must not be sent in through agents or third parties.
- Livity will select the winning Entry and 10 runners up on Tuesday 17th November. The competition will be independently judged by street artist Josh Stika.
Livity’s decision shall be final and binding in all respects on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The prize is (i) to paint a room in Livity’s offices at , Piano House, Unit 11, 9 Brighton Terrace, London SW9 8DJ from Monday 23rd November – Friday 27th November; (ii) £500; and (iii) a limited screen print run of 100 prints of the two colour screen print design created by the winner (50 to be retained by Livity and 50 to be provided to the winner). The winner’s finished piece will also be displayed in an exhibition on 10 December 2015 (the “Exhibition”).
- The winner will be notified by email on Tuesday 17th November. The winner must respond within 3 working days to confirm they are available on 23 – 27 November. If the winner is not available on those dates, Livity reserves the right to forfeit the prize and select another winner.
- 10 runners up will be given the opportunity to display one piece of artwork each in the Exhibition. The runners up will be able to display one piece of artwork of their choice at the Exhibition (“Exhibition Artwork”), subject to Livity’s approval.
- The prizes are non-transferable, non-exchangeable and are not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
- The winner and runners up may appear in photos and be interviewed for use on the Livity blog and you give your permission for your name and photograph to be used on the Livity blog.
- You will retain the rights of ownership in your Entry. However, in submitting it, you grant Livity a worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free licence to use your Entry in any of Livity’s publications, websites, promotional materials and any other materials related to the Competition. To the maximum extent permitted by law, you hereby agree to waive all, and agree not to assert any, of your moral rights (or similar rights) wherever in the world arising which relate to your Entry. All material submitted becomes the sole property of Livity and will not be returned.
- If you are selected as the winner or as a runner up, you grant Livity a worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free licence to take photographs of your Exhibition Artwork and use those photographs in any of Livity’s publications, websites, promotional materials and any other materials relating to the Competition.
- Your Entry must be your own work and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other similar competition. It is your responsibility to ensure that any Entry and, if you are selected as a runner up, your Exhibition Artwork, does not infringe the intellectual property rights or other rights of any third party or any laws. You warrant that your Entry and, if you are selected as a runner up, your Exhibition Artwork, is your own work and that you own the intellectual property rights in it.
- Your Entry and, if you are selected as a runner up, your Exhibition Artwork, must not contain any violent, nude, partially nude, discriminatory, unlawful, infringing, hateful, pornographic, sexually suggestive or other inappropriate (at Livity’s sole discretion) material. Livity may, but has no obligation to, remove entries that Livity determines in its discretion violates these Terms and Conditions.
- By entering, you agree that your details, including but not limited to your email address, may be used to keep you informed about Livity’s promotions and news. You may opt out of receiving messages from Livity by clicking unsubscribe on the email communications. Livity complies with the procedures laid down in the UK Data Protection Act to ensure that the personal information you give us is kept secure and processed fairly and lawfully. Livity will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes unless you have given us permission to do so.
- Livity reserves the right to: (i) cancel this Competition; (ii) cancel or refuse any Entry if it does not comply with these Terms and Conditions; and (iii) amend these terms and conditions. Any amendments to these terms and conditions will be made available on the somewhereto_ website (www.somewhereto.com)
- Livity accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss or liabilities suffered by a participant as a result of entering the Competition or accepting a prize, save that Livity does not exclude liability for death or personal injury caused by Livity’s negligence, for fraud, or otherwise as prohibited by law.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction in the event of a dispute.
- This Competition is promoted by Livity Limited, Piano House, Unit 11, 9 Brighton Terrace, London SW9 8DJ.